Monday, November 26, 2007

It never happens like I plan

Just when I'd decided to put Beatrice away for a while and focus on sock design, I had a breakthrough. All of the design problems I'd been unable to figure out just vanished - I woke up one morning (really, really early - like 2:30am early) with the solution fully formed in my mind. I guess it was just Beatrice's time.

So, here she is, modelled by a napping Emo. The bottom border is charted, the final instructions are written, and now all I need to do is (re)execute them. I actually finished the shawl this morning, but found a mistake that was going to glare at me loudly and forever, so unpicked the cast-off and pulled back 14 really long rows. Ugh. However, I'll be happy with the end result, and that's all that matters, right?


Another shot, taken after I finished the second skein of yarn. The full shawl took four skeins. I blocked after two skeins to make sure I was happy with the design - and I was, thus the whole keeping-going-ness.


This is the view of my legs, in their standard state while knitting. Fae is keeping watch so that Emo can nap without interruption.


And, finally, because it was so darn cute... Fae sacked out on Emo, on the couch in my studio. Aww. And yes, I need to vacuum.

3 comments:

Dotty said...

Awwww! That's such a cute picture of Fae sleeping on Emo. I love your new shawl.

Suna Kendall said...

Beatrice is looking lovely.

But what a great shot of the happy animals. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

agh! so cute! :D